Wallapop was founded in 2013. We are the marketplace for second-hand goods in Spain. With more than 8 million searches per day and over 15 million users across Spain with a catalog of several hundreds of millions of products, we exist to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption. We achieve this by bringing together the scale and simplicity of classifieds with the convenience and the reach of marketplace to create the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters and everybody contributes in many different ways; through different internal cross-functional clubs aligning with people’s passions and interests.
We count 26 nationalities within our employee base and we operate in 2 languages: Spanish and English – this makes us pretty fun and special. While in most cases we are not attached to one language or the other, we encourage talent to embrace both languages and be able to operate outside their comfort zone. To ensure success we facilitate group and individual Spanish and English classes as part of our working day.
Our company values are:
We are One Team: Communicative, trusting and inclusive
We Dream & Deliver: Creative, impactful, pragmatic
We Aim for Simplicity: Intentional, uncomplicated, humble
We Learn & Grow: Constructive feedback, curiosity
We organize ourselves into topic teams and embrace agile practices.
We value Frontend Engineers who:
- Have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing frameworks (e.g.: Jasmine, Jest).
- Care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications.
- Are used to work in an agile environment.
- Have an eagerness to learn.
- It is a bonus if you have experience from Node.js, TDD, Docker or AWS tools.
Your mission with us
- Write scalable, maintainable, testable and clean code.
- Continuously deliver value.
- Work along with other software engineers, product owners, QA and designers.
- Be an active participant driving the web platform across the company.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Our hiring process :
* PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS*
- Intro Call – ran by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
- Take-home test: you will be assigned a test that you should complete in few days which is aimed at assessing your technical skills required for the role.
- Practical interview – ran by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders across other functions. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset to the wallapop context.
- Competency Interview – ran by talent acquisition and hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding of how you operate in the workplace and your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
- Offer – should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
- Flexible working hours
- Reduced hours on Fridays
- Personal learning budget
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Free office sports classes.
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- You’ll enjoy a 50% longer maternity/paternity leave
- New born or adoption bonus
- Referral Program & charity donation
- Tax Advice